FAV 2QR; Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3-1 Rugby Borough

Aylesbury Vale Dynamo’s – 3
Rugby Borough – 1

Keith Mupfururirwa in the thick of the action


Aylesbury Vale Dynamos progressed through to the first round proper of the FA Vase with victory on Saturday over Rugby Borough at Haywood Way, dominating the early exchanges the hosts took a fifth minute lead and missed a host of chances to extend their advantage, but Rugby dug in and hit the woodwork twice before levelling thirteen minutes before the break. Any hopes on building on their success were soon dashed as Aylesbury regained their lead before the interval, the second half saw the visitors trying to break down a resolute yellow & blue backline without much real success, late substitutions then sealed the game for Paul Bonham’s men as Ryan Tappin tormented down the left and his cross in added time saw Abu Khan eventually kill the tie off, Dynamo’s await Mondays draw to see who they now face in the first round to be played over the weekend of October the twelfth.

The home side took the lead when a free kick inside their own half saw keeper James Weatherill knock a long downfield pass to Harry Scott out on the right wing, he got behind his marker to cross where Keith Mupfururirwa saw an initial shot blocked but the rebound fell kindly for him to knock home. Aylesbury saw plenty of possession in the opening stages but were given a warning on twenty-four minutes when a Sam Beasley header from a corner bounced down off the crossbar and away to safety, and just seconds after Tommy Rawlings angled a low drive across Weatherill only to watch as the ball thumped back off the base of the post and away. Despite the warnings parity was restored just past the half hour mark as Rugby stole possession in their hosts half and fed Rawlings who had time to compose himself before firing into the top corner despite the fingertips of the keeper. Aylesbury restored their lead just five minutes later when their guests surrendered possession in their own half and a long range effort from Alfi Touceda crashed back of the crossbar but Mupfururirwa was on hand to sweep home.

Abu Khan seals the game late on

The second period never really matched the highs of the first, Rugby had much more of the play but never really tested Weatherill or the home defence, with fifteen minutes remaining a long ball into the Vale box saw centre half Jayvon Case-Jarrett slice his clearance and as it appeared to be looping over Weatherill it spiralled away from the post in a heart-stopping moment for the home faithful. The introduction of Ryan Tappin to the left wing rejuvenated the home side and after a couple of close misses he chase down what looked a lost cause in added time to keep the ball alive, his cross saw a couple of blocked shots that eventually fell to teenager Abu Khan just inside the area and he drilled into the bottom corner to seal the tie. Before the game could restart Rugby keeper Bobby Biddle was shown a straight red card for which was later confirmed as a spitting incident. F/T: 3-1

Attendance: 71

Please Note: If you use any of our material or images, please ensure you credit sportsshots.org.uk

After the game Sports Shots caught up with Aylesbury manager Paul Bonham:

For 3 pages (204 images) of match day photography please click here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGY3J7c

Comments are closed.