BCC F; Aylesbury FC 0-1 Winslow United

Aylesbury – 0
Winslow United – 1


Winslow United gave departing management team Paul Alleyne & Ronnie Joe the perfect send off with a narrow victory over Aylesbury FC to lift the Buckingham Senior Charity Cup on Monday at Stratford Fields, a late Harry Dalton winner came just as most of the healthy crowd on the sidelines thought they were heading towards a penalty shoot-out with the game seemingly destined to end in stalemate. Afterwards both managers agreed the Ploughmen deserved to lift the trophy on the balance of play, for Aylesbury it was their last ever game as next season they change name and drop a level to form a new club that will begin life back at step five, for United the hunt goes on for the managerial replacement that can continue the legacy built over the past two seasons that has seen consecutive third place finishes in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One table, and also the clubs first ever appearance in the FA Cup.

The first chance fell to the Moles when a throw from Sam Odusoga out on their right saw a glancing header from Ty Deacon straight at Winslow custodian Ash Jenkins, a free kick then found Ben Stevens at the back post who forced Jenkins into a brilliant save at the base of his front stick and a follow up from Brian Haule saw a deflection lift the ball up & bounce off the top of the crossbar and over the top. Alfi Touceda then tried his luck from twenty yards after cutting in from the flank but dragged wide, at the other end Matt Cruse got down the wing before laying inside to Dan Parsons who flicked into the middle where Aaron King chipped over the bar, within sixty seconds a lob over the Aylesbury backline saw an appeal for offside turned down leaving Parsons free to run at goal, his low shot had Nick Bennion down superbly to push away single handed.

Last game for Aylesbury FC before name change

A long ball played into the Winslow area was allowed to bounce which gave Bruno Brito the chance to peel off the shoulder of Jack Page and execute an over the head bicycle kick which Jenkins again did well to get down to, from the clearance Ryan Freshwater sent team mate Page away on goal on his own where Bennion simply stood tall and got enough of a block to deflect for a corner, an in swinger from the flank had Aston Goss at the back of the eighteen yard area cushioning down to the incoming Alex Kedzierski who did well to connect but in mid-air could only curl wide, followed closely by a Simon King free kick being chipped through the red backline for brother Aaron to run on to but a little too much pace meant he couldn’t quite get the touch needed, a loose ball in the corner then collected by Parsons who turned Stevens to fizz across the six-yard box where both Bennion & Aaron King competed for a touch but it eluded both to roll harmlessly for a throw. H/T: 0-0

An early Aylesbury second half corner curled in by Brito found Stevens who headed over much to his own disgust, the resulting goal kick was scuffed only as far as Haule who advanced to the penalty arc but then dragged wide, United’s first attack of the half saw an attempted cross from the flank from Aaron King collected low at his near post by Bennion. A clever chip picked out Parsons on the edge of the six-yard area and with the whole target to aim at he pulled his effort the wrong side of the closest upright which he couldn’t quite believe, another run down the touchline by full back Page ended with a great delivery into the box where Parsons headed over with the keeper struggling to get over to cover.

Winslow celebrate goal

Both sides started making substitutions looking for some inspiration and with quarter of an hour left an Aylesbury move broke down in the corner and as they were looking for a free kick that never came, Kedzierski knocked out to Cruse who put the perfect pass around the defence for newly introduced Dalton to race onto and drive towards goal but from close range he stabbed wide. Page then explored space along the eighteen yard line before laying off to Aaron King who tried to stroke into the bottom corner but fired the wrong side of the post, then with eight minutes to go the yellow n blues took the lead when Dalton again played away down the right channel but this time his shot across Bennion found the target as it bounced into the far bottom corner.

There were five additional minutes added at the end in which Aylesbury came mightily close to an equaliser when a clearance fell invitingly for substitute Ken Feyi to hit first time back through a crowded box, Jenkins rooted to the spot could only watch as it hit his left hand post and to his delight out for a goal kick. F/T: 0-1

Attendance: 350

Please Note: If you use any of our material or images, please ensure you credit sportsshots.org.uk

After the game Sports Shots caught up with Winslow manager Paul Alleyne:
And also with Aylesbury boss Paul Bonham:
Match highlights here:

For matchday photography please click here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDnLdkA

Comments are closed.