BBFA CCSF; Aylesbury Flooring 3-1 Emmer Green

Aylesbury Flooring – 3
Emmer Green – 1


Aylesbury Flooring made it through to the Berks & Bucks Sunday Intermediate cup final for the third successive season after beating Emmer Green on a wet and extremely muddy morning at Fairford Leys, although for almost an hour the visitor’s led thanks to a tenth minute goal from Ash Searle and Flooring struggled to get back into the game, the rain continued to fall making the conditions worse as the game wore on but eventually a quick fire double from Dan Parsons & Taylor Collins gave their side the lead but it took a third goal in added time to confirm their place in the final where they will take on FC Beaconsfield. After the game manager George Tomlin expressed his delight on reaching another final with the team that are folding at the end of this current season, appreciating the never say die spirit of his squad who this weekend return to FA Sunday Cup action as they travel to Redditch in search of that elusive semi-final spot the club have yet to reach.

Aylesbury had the first effort at goal on three minutes when a neat one-two saw Ty Deacon lay off to Alex Kedzierski who drove over the crossbar, but it was Emmer Green who took the lead when a corner floated in from their left by Dan Donegan was met at the front of the box by Ash Searle who flicked his header into the far corner. From there the away side enjoyed some decent possession and created a number of chances to increase their lead, a goal kick from Phil Brown sent Jordan Lovelock away down the channel where he escaped the attention of his marker but could only fire low past the front post, before a left wing cross was inches away from connecting with the head of striker Lorenzo Medford and covering defender Billy Harrison was able to turn away for a corner.

Donegan crossed from the Green right and in front of goal Medford glanced a header wide of the target, Flooring then spurned a glorious chance when Taylor Collins squared to Kedzierski twenty yards from goal but leaning back he lifted high over the top, Collins then fed Deacon inside the six-yard box and his first time shot was somehow blocked by Brown and cleared by a defender, the corner was drilled in low across the area and at the near post Dave Brown tried to back heel between his legs but could only find the side netting. The next Flooring attack broke down from which Green sent the ball downfield to Medford who battled with his marker before earning enough space to shoot from twenty yards but across goal and wide.

A very wet morning at Fairford Leys

Moments later another Aylesbury attack broke down with the ball cleared long, as home custodian Liam Smith looked to come out and clear the conditions took over and he simply couldn’t advance quick enough which allowed Medford to get there first and go for the lob over the stricken keeper, the ball looped over him, the crossbar and landed on the back of the netting much to the home sides relief, the last action saw a free kick on the Flooring right met by a mass of bodies including Brown who diverted the ball the wrong side of the near post. H/T: 0-1

Early into the second period a Ryan Freshwater cross was glanced wide by Deacon, before a corner curled into the back post found the head of the striker but he could only thump straight at Brown on the goal line, Dave Brown was then fed in on goal but in the wet conditions the ball got stuck in the mud under his feet allowing the keeper to advance and gather, at the opposite end a great ball down the middle for Medford to chase after almost saw him round Smith but the keeper managed to get the slightest of touches to take the ball off the foot of the striker.

As the rain finally started to ease Flooring attacked again as Parsons received a pass inside the box with his back to goal, shrugging off the attentions of his marker he dragged his shot wide, ahead of Taylor Collins doing well down the left and firing low across the goal mouth and wide of the back stick. The equaliser finally arrived on sixty-five minutes when Deacon threaded an inch perfect pass through the Green defence to find Parsons who with clever feet evaded one defender before steadying himself and slotting past Brown.

Dan Parsons levels for Flooring

Three minutes later the hosts took the lead when substitute Vinny Greco crossed from the right and at the back post Taylor Collins climbed above his marker to head home, and from there they never looked in any real danger of losing their grip on that lead as the confidence flowed throughout the team. Greco found Deacon inside the area with a low cross that the Aylesbury striker flicked up with one foot then launched himself acrobatically to bicycle kick over the crossbar, ahead of Parsons driving from midfield into the penalty box and curling around the far upright.

There was a scare for the home side with five minutes remaining when Donegan got in behind the defence and managed to get a shot away that had those in purple holding their breath as the ball bounced back off the post and away to the touchline for a throw, but in added time the game was sealed when Green were caught upfield and struggled to get back as Parsons in midfield fed Deacon out wide who in turn found Collins at the back of the box and he had time to pick his spot and smash home. F/T: 3-1

Please Note: If you use any of our material or images, please ensure you credit

After the game Sports Shots caught up with Flooring manager George Tomlin: 

For matchday photography please click here:

Comments are closed.