Banbury United revealed late on Friday evening that they have been laterally moved from the Southern League Southern to the Southern League Central Division; the knock on effect after clubs had to be shuffled around as Shaw Lane FC announced they were folding.
Taken from the Banbury United website:
United have been advised of a change of league allocation for 2018-19
The FA were notified today by Shaw Lane AFC that they are to withdraw from the Northern Premier League’s Premier Division.
As a result, the FA have written to the club this evening to advise that the following will apply:
* Wimborne Town are to fill the vacancy at Step 3 and will be placed in the Southern League South
* Banbury United will be laterally moved to the Southern League Central
* Hednesford Town will be laterally moved to the Northern Premier League
* FC Romania are promoted to Step 4
* Fleet Town are to be laterally moved to the Southern League West
Below are the original divisions listed back in May:
Step 3- Southern League Central
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
King’s Lynn Town
St Ives Town
St Neots Town
Step 3 – Southern League South
Banbury United (now moved to the Central division)
Banbury have said their board will consider the matter.
For the Shaw Lane AFC statement click here: https://www.footballtradedirectory.com/shaw-lane-announce-they-will-withdraw-from-all?cat=3077