CS&TFL,D1: Robins hit four in away win

Buckingham Town returned to winning ways two weeks ago away at a resurgent S&L Corby and moved back into the top five of the United Counties League division one table.

S&L, with new management and a whole new first team were an unknown quantity but the Robins produced some fine football to secure a 4-1 win.

Kelvin Osei-Addo opened the scoring on twelve minutes with a shot that went under the home keeper and five minutes after that had a chance to double his tally after being set up by Dan Silver but wasn’t able to convert.

Kelvin Osei-Addo

The hosts worked hard and looked more than capable of grabbing an equaliser but Buckingham’s defence were in a less generous mood than last week and dealt with any threat that was mounted. Thrussell was quick off his line on three occasions to snuff out probing through balls but it was Buckingham who were pulling the strings with neat and pacey football on a deteriorating surface. Silver fired over the bar from inside the box and Chris Wreh saw his goalbound effort charged down as Town looked to add to their lead.

Gabrielius Judickas

The second goal arrived five minutes before half time when Gabrielius Jucickas hit a venomous shot from the edge of the penalty area that took a deflection on the way in and just before the halftime whistle blew Osei- Addo grabbed his second of the afternoon and his 23rd of the season, bursting into the area and shooting low and hard into the corner of the net.

The second half continued in the same way as the first but with the hosts creating more chances.

On the hour they had two inside a minute, one saved by Thrussell and another dropping the wrong side of the post, and then twice after that strikers found themselves one on one but unable to beat the Robins stopper.

Ryan Thrussell

Buckingham extended their lead further when the returning Danny Simpson came off the bench to finish off a great passage of play, steering the ball low into the net from 15 yards after some impressive build up play.

Thrussell was then called upon to beat away a thunderous shot as S&L searched for a consolation but he was powerless to stop a cross being drilled home off the underside of the bar with five minutes left.

Comments are closed.