Buckingham Town 3-1 Bicester Town

Buckingham Town – 3

Bicester Town – 1

Buckingham Town beat Bicester Town on Thursday evening at Manor Fields and were good value for the win, the away side never really threatened the Town goal except for a late penalty, and manager Gary Ollard was happy with his team’s efforts over the ninety minutes.

Bicester had the first chance after a couple of minutes but after beating the Town offside trap Elliott Powell could only fire over Ryan Thrussell in the home goal, whilst at the other end some good football lead to Orlando Joao flashing an effort wide.

A half clearance from the Bicester defence saw Joao again blast wide hitting the ball first time mid-way through the first half, but Town finally took the lead on twenty five minutes when the visiting defence surrendered the ball in their own penalty area and Dan Silver squared to Danny Simpson who fired home.

Bicester reacted positively to going behind and Ricardo Benjamin drove at the home defence before shooting just wide of the near post, but Town almost extended their lead from a corner when Simpson headed wide in front of goal. On the stroke of half time Bicester again threatened through Dan Monk but his powerful shot was comfortably claimed by Thrussell. H/T: 1-0

Simpson heads just wide

Dan Silver forced Bicester keeper Liam Hind into a decent double save early in the second period, parrying the first effort allowed the Town player to run in and get in a second effort which deflected away off Hind for a corner. Buckingham did then double their lead just past the hour mark when an initial shot looped up off the Bicester keeper who lost all sight of the ball, and Orlando Joao had all the time to head into the unguarded net.

Again Bicester rallied after conceding and a good ball over the home back line saw Benjamin again run on and strike at goal first time but agonisingly wide, before a right wing cross then found the Bicester man but he could only head over.

The hosts scored their third on seventy three minutes, when a cross from Joao found Simpson unmarked at the back post to head home. From the restart the visitors went straight up the other end and a fantastic run from Powell saw him bend the ball around Thrussell only to stand and watch it bounce back off the post; Bicester retrieved the ball and attacked again & as the ball was played into the box an outstretched leg saw a trip and a penalty awarded which was duly despatched, but the home side had already done enough to win the game. F/T: 3-1

After the match Town manager Gary Ollard spoke to Sports Shots: 


For match photography click here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskZMrfhj


Comments are closed.